InTheChat enables large-scale enterprises to reduce costs, grow revenue and improve their customers’ service experiences by migrating contacts to convenient mobile channels: text messaging, web & mobile chat, social media, email, messaging applications and chatbots. Powered by Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Artificial Intelligence (AI), ITC’s platform offers automated self-service and/or routes incoming messages to the best-skilled agents like a traditional skills-based IVR manages phone calls. This, combined with ITC’s integrated CRM capabilities, contact center-grade performance reporting and workflow management enables agents on ITC’s platform to support customers via innovative new digital channels leveraging familiar processes from the traditional phone channel. This is an opportunity to expand ITC’s reach throughout North America and join a highly successful, energetic team at an exciting period in the company’s growth.
Title: Vice President, Sales & Marketing Reports to: Chief Executive Officer Reports: Sales Executives (3 – US & Canada),
Account Development Executive, Channel Executive Location: Waterloo/Toronto, Ontario
We are looking for an inspirational Vice President of Sales & Marketing with knowledge of the Contact Center and software (SaaS) industries to build and lead a Sales team of 5 to 6 Sales, Account Management and Channel professionals to grow our business in North America.
Your Enterprise BPO, Contact Center and/or Software (SaaS) sales leadership experience combined with your ability to form executive relationships with key customers, make you an ideal candidate to lead this new team. A proven performer who can inspire, lead and mentor your teams, you have demonstrated success in building Sales and Marketing teams that have consistently over achieved their growth targets. Your Marketing expertise is highlighted by the ability to develop and refine strategy, build a brand and manage the communications for all stakeholders. You have experience building awareness of a brand and strong Social Media capabilities utilizing various strategies and tools. Experience in a start up or entrepreneurial company is highly desirable. You have a passion for innovation and change to help customers digitize their business. You know what to do and do what it takes to win!
• Hire, train, develop, inspire and lead the Sales & Marketing team to grow the software and services business in Canada and the United States
• Working with the CEO and the senior team, provide strategic insight into the sales compensation model, quota setting, budgeting and territory management
• Lead and manage all facets of the sales activities including prospecting, pipeline management, target setting, adherence to metrics and ensuring delivery of the plan
• Building strong executive relationships with key customers to ensure continuing client satisfaction and to expand the number and scope of service offerings within the accounts
• Lead the execution of key large deals, working with the various groups internally and externally
• Working with the CEO, CTO and the Board, develop and refine the go-to-market strategy for the company
• Lead the marketing function for the company and manage the communications strategy for all stakeholder groups
• Build a strong Social Media capability for the organization
• Continue to ensure the awareness of ITC increases in key target markets
Education and qualifications
• At minimum, an undergraduate degree, ideally in business or related discipline. Ideally an advanced degree in business or other relevant professional credentials.
• An innovative and passionate senior sales executive with a minimum of 10 years progressive cross-functional experience leading sales teams in a sales and services driven Contact Center and SaaS technology environment engaged in outbound telephone based sales.
• Experience in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where key metrics are utilized to drive sales performance is required. Among other things this would include, implementing compensation plans and sales process, budgeting, quota setting, territory management, lead generation and pipeline management.
• Background successfully growing and leading outbound telephone sales and outside sales in an organization selling business process outsourcing and/or software (SaaS) to contact centers is essential.
• Proven ability to help sales teams build and refine their Go-To-Market strategies and leverage their relationships in contact center, customer experience, innovation and marketing departments to build strong client lists, pipeline and to close deals, helping customers digitize their business.
• Possesses superior relationship management skills with the competence to establish C-level contacts, equally comfortable communicating at the team level or the board level. Strong executive presence and polish.
• Sales & marketing strategist with a high commercial acumen and proven leadership competence demonstrating a high team motivation and engagement level. Can inspire their teams to reach “above and beyond” and crush targets.
• Possesses a strong track record of personal and team achievement over his/her career, with clear substantial personal contributions to the positive evolution of a business through innovative thinking, agility, an ability to “make things happen”, and the implementation of strategic objectives. Exhibit a passion for innovation and change to help customers digitize their business and enhance their brand.
• Significant experience forecasting commitments and forecasting accuracy.
• Possesses exceptional interpersonal, communication – written and presentation skills
• Experience using Salesforce and effective sales management tools is ideal.
An attractive and competitive compensation package will be offered consisting of a base salary, incentive bonus and other perquisites that are commensurate to the position.